Today was the first day of pony club for the year, yay! It was a great day and fun was had by all. Anyway Equestrian Australia has updated their helmet regulations and their seems to be a fair amount of confusion as to what complies which meant I spent a good portion of the morning inspecting helmets and matching number sequences to the new regulations.
All helmets must now meet one or more of the following standards:
- Current Australian standard AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards) provided they are SAI Global marked.
- New Australian standard ARB HS 2012 provided they are SAI Global marked.
- Current American standard ASTM F1163 (2004a or 04a onwards) provided they are SEI marked.
- Current American standard SNELL E2001.
- Current British standard PAS 015 (1998 or 2011) provided they are BSI Kitemarked.
- Interim European Standard VG1 (01.040: 2014-12) with or without BSI Kitemarked.
(Image: Equestrian Australia)
This information can be found on the tag inside your helmet or on a sticker under the lining.
For more information or to see if your helmet complies check out the Equestrian Australia website: http://www.equestrian.org.au/news/helmet-regulations-updated